Who we are
What We Collect and Receive
In order for us to provide you the best possible experience on our websites, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Support & Questions — when you contact us via email, you consent to giving us your email so that we may reply to you. Email addresses obtained this way will solely be used in connection with answering the queries that we receive.
- Usage data — when you visit our site, we will store: the website from which you visited us from, the parts of our site you visit, the date and duration of your visit, your anonymized IP address, information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are located in, and web browser type) you used during your visit, and more. We process this usage data in Matomo Analytics for statistical purposes, to improve our site and to recognize and stop any misuse. No Personally-Identifiable-Information is collected.
- Signing up for emails — when you sign up for our newsletter, you consent to giving us your email address so that we may send you a notification when a new article or update goes up. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any point at the bottom of the email.
Opt-out of tracking
You can opt out of being tracked by our Matomo Analytics instance below:
Third party services we use
When you visit Zoomer's Rants, we may use the following third party services for functionality:
- Stripe: to receive payments
- Social media: showing tweets, YouTube videos, and etc...
- News and media sites: embedded articles from other news sites.
Retention of data
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Matomo’s legal rights. We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the website or by emailing you.